Walnut Street Center, Inc is seeking a Residential Nurse to work in our Residential Services department. This position would provide oversight and case management to House Managers and Direct Support Professionals to ensure health maintenance of 29 residents. The duties include but are not limited to Case Management, Staff Training, Auditing and Patient Advocacy. Monday – Friday schedule, no nights, no weekends, no holidays. No primary on-call duties.
- Oversee all healthcare services provided by the program.
- Train Managers and Direct Support staff in relevant medical and health care procedures.
- Communication of health-related information.
- Review and audit health related documentation in each resident’s file.
- Provide Medication Administration Program Training (MAP training) and oversee implementation of program. Occasional administration of medication if VNA is not available.
- Serves as a liaison between the agency and medical professionals as needed.
- MA Nursing License (RN preferred, LPN with relevant experience considered)
- Valid Driver’s License and willingness to travel to sites in Cambridge, Somerville, Arlington areas (all within 10 miles)
- Covid-19 Vaccine Card
- Ability to pass background checks
- 1 year in Community Health setting preferred
- Experience with Alzheimer’s and Dementia care preferred
- Prior experience working with the adult DD/ID population preferred
- M-F Days – flexible. No nights or weekends
Salary & Benefits:
- DOE – starting at $65,000
- Vacation, Sick, Personal
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 40K match, LTD, STD, Life Insurance
- 40-hour work week – great work-life balance/Flexible Hours/Stable Work