- Walnut Street Center promotes the vision that an individual’s home is defined primarily by those that live there, and that the policies, practices and expectations must respect and support a person’s culture, ethnicity, chosen lifestyle, and preferred activities.
- Walnut Street Center believes that each person’s unique capabilities, gifts and talents should be celebrated in their home and the community, and this belief is incorporated into how our residential programs are designed and implemented.
- Walnut Street Center believes in every person’s ability to learn and develop their skills and provides a framework for this development across all residential sites.
With 17 physical sites, housing 22 programs, in our Residential Program network, Walnut Street Center serves individuals with a range of needs and abilities. An array of leisure and social activities, nutrition and exercise consultation, and support groups are available to all individuals. All services are individualized and person centered.
Our Residential Programs provide a variety of living options within the community, including independent-living arrangements (less than 24/7), and fully staffed homes (24/7). Our programs include medically intensive services, Alzheimer’s care, dual diagnosis, Autism, Dementia and behavioral programs.
Walnut Street Center offers individuals residential options tailored to their specific needs. One of these living arrangements includes private residences that are integrated within the community but are staffed with 24/7 residential support. These homes house multiple adults, each with their own private bedroom, but with the ability to have the socialization and support of their peers and at least one staff member on site any time residents are present. Some homes are completely accessible.
Individuals receive assistance with managing and carrying out:
- day-to-day living
- medical necessities
- appointments + treatments
- entitlements + benefits
- additional support workers
- recreational activities
- skills development
- financial management
For more information on our residential services please contact:
Director of Residential Services, Eva Osagiede at