- Walnut Street Center believes that every person must have the opportunity to live and work in the community of their choice and live as independently as possible.
- The goal of Walnut Street Center’s Individual Supports Program is to empower each individual to become more self-sufficient and active in the decisions that affect his or her life.
- Walnut Street Center believes that the needs of individuals are constantly changing. Therefore, our services are designed to ensure flexibility to meet each individual where they are, and as their needs change the services change to provide the optimal level of support.
The individual supports living arrangements provides support needed by adult with intellectual disabilities to live on their own in an independent living situation in a private home in the community. With the help of case management staff, they are able to receive assistance as needed while also obtaining the highest level of independence. Each individual is viewed holistically and we empower each person to achieve their identified personal goals and desires.
Individuals receive assistance with managing:
- appointments + treatments
- entitlements + benefits
- additional support workers
- recreational activities
- financial management
- landlord relations + housing
For More Information on our Individual Supports Program contact:
Director of Residential Services, Eva Osagiede at