Walnut Street Center is proud to announce that we will be moving into a new state of the art facility at 291 Mystic Avenue, Medford, MA. Our new building will house both our administrative offices and our Day Support Programs. This move will allow us to increase the number of individuals that we support and the types of services offered.
While we will continue to support the communities of Somerville, Cambridge and Arlington, the new building will also allow us to provide support to Medford and surrounding communities.
We expect to open the doors in the spring of 2017.
Highlights of the site:
- 43,000 sq. ft. fully accessible building
- 3-acre lot with ample parking and fenced-in secure areas for drop-off and pick-up
- Covered drop-off area, allows two vehicles to drop-off at the same time and provides protection from the elements
- 17 Bathrooms and/or personal care suites
- Ceiling Hoyer lift in medical areas
- Variety of activity spaces including a horticultural room, music and movement room, art room, sensory room and gymnasium
- Fully accessible training kitchen
New Programs to be offered:
- Acquired Brain Injury and Autism Spectrum Disorder programs
- Integrated Adult Day Health
- Expanded Day Habilitation offerings will focus on supporting intense behavioral interventions and Dementia/Alzheimer’s needs
Expanded populations to be supported:
- Adults that qualify for Adult Day Health services
- Individuals with Acquired Brain Injury
- Individuals that qualify for Autism Spectrum Disorder services